Complete Office Space Design, Installation and Ongoing Maintenance Services
Whether you’re opening a new office or refurbishing a current space, Transact can help create an environment to maximize your organization’s productivity. Our broad range of services is designed with the customer in mind: To make your transition into your new office space as worry-free as possible.
Transact’s experienced staff provides a variety of expert services to assist you in planning and executing your office space.
Transact provides Design Services, Computer Aided Design and Specifications to create a wise use of space and furniture allowing your company maximum efficiency and functionality. In concert with furniture sales, designer support is available by trained in-house personnel. Their extensive knowledge of systems furniture coupled with our CAD (Computer Aided Design) and CAP (Computer Aided Planning) capabilities provide invaluable assistance to designers and clients. Our objective is to support both our customers and the design community with services that assist in design and space planning in defining the best solution for furniture layouts. These are the steps we take to ensure your overall satisfaction:
- Initial meetings with client/architect/design firm to review programming and overall design intent
- Assist in designing and finalizing typicals
- Creating preliminary pricing to ensure specifications meet client’s overall budget needs
- Create final typicals, isometrics and finish boards for client approval
- Create furniture lay-outs
- Review plans for local codes
- Upon plan approval, CAP specifications are provided for client approval
- Installation plans created
- Any additional tagging added to plan
- Key plans reviewed and documented with client
- Installation package created for freestanding and ancillary furnishings
- Post-installation walk through to update drawings should any change occur during installation
- Field verify critical dimensions
Our clients don’t have to worry about issues such as credit or warehousing holding up their orders. As part of our Purchasing function, Transact handles ordering, tracking, expediting, warehousing, installing and financing the purchase of furniture. We take care of all the purchasing details and your project remains worry-free and on track.
Warehousing & Storage
Transact has 85,000 square feet of warehouse at our disposal, giving us the ability to receive, inventory, stage, deliver and install any size project anywhere in the state and the nation as well. We offer full warehousing capabilities that include:
- Receiving and inspection
- Cleaning and touch-up
- Inventory control
- Blanket and shrink wrap
- Product tagging
- Monthly inventory reporting
- Staging for re-delivery
Transact is capable of reconfiguring most current systems furniture installations and devising the best solution for layouts. With the diverse backgrounds of our designers, sales representatives, project managers and installers, we are familiar with all major lines on the market today.
Third party financing may be a flexible way to finance a furniture purchase. Transact will coordinate financial options among our exceptional financing companies to help our clients determine which plan best suit their needs. Various financing packages are available depending on your needs, including 100% financing on all projects.
Transact can custom tailor a financing package to fit individual needs encompassing furniture, design, installation, business equipment and service contracts.
Move Management and Relocation
Whether you’re moving between two floors or across town, our experienced team will move and reinstall furniture, contents and even computers at your new location. Transact offers comprehensive move management service including:
- Project planning & coordination with facilities and building management, electricians, telephone company, etc.
- Inventory of existing product
- Application of inventory to new specifications
- New product order generation
- Personal belongings packing, moving and unpacking
- Tagging, teardown, moving & re-installing freestanding and systems furniture
- Security and key management
- On-site problem solving
- Extensive parts inventory for quick response
In-house maintenance crews often cannot provide the routine service necessary to keep your furniture working well and looking good. At Transact, we are concerned about your office environment long after the project has been completed.
We offer a variety of Office Furniture Maintenance Programs and can design a full-service program to meet your individual needs. This will generally include:
- Panel cleaning
- Upholstered Seating Cleaning
- Wood touch-up
- Wood cleaning
- Panel run straightening
- Electrical distribution review
- Safety review
Your professional Project Manager will be assigned to the account as your contact to ensure all your needs are met. The Project Manager is on the job from start to finish to coordinate the efforts of Transact as well as the manufacturers and any other third party companies. The Project Manager works closely with your facility personnel in planning moves, inventorying furniture, assessing needs and following up on all details.
Your Project Manager will supervise all deliveries and installations to ensure that the work is carried out in an efficient and timely manner according to your requirements. This work includes:
- Physical inspection of elevators
- Reservation of elevators, as required
- Physical inspection of loading dock
- Obtain street access conditions
- Inspect general site conditions noting size of doorways throughout critical access for possible over-sized product
- Secure appropriate staging areas, and rubbish disposal facilities and locations, when required
- Site tagging for furniture placement
- Re-verification of critical dimensions
- Secure designated client representative to sign for furniture delivery
- Prepare and distribute written delivery schedule for elevator reservations and loading dock facilities.
Throughout the installation the project manager works with the lead installers to minimize the punchlist. Prior to client/design firm involvement, the project manager walks through with the lead installer to resolve any issues. The project manager then walks the project with the client and designer to review punchlist and add any client requests.
Transact is structured using a team approach, consisting of a Project Manager, Project Coordinator and Specifier. Their mission is to make your move as smooth as possible and ensure your new office is up and running quickly.
The Project Manager will be the main point of contact throughout the project. Their role will be to attend all meetings with the client and design firm as the furniture selection and design process unfolds. They will be responsible for identifying the expectations of the client and managing the team to successfully meet these expectations. The PM will work closely with the contractor and client during the construction phase, identifying any delivery or construction conflicts with the furniture and working with the client and designer to resolve these issues. The PM will additionally attend all project/construction meetings and is always available to address any furniture issue.
In addition to our core services, Transact also provides the following to our clients:
- Installation, delivery and repair services
- Remanufactured furniture
- Custom woodworking, touch-up and repair
- Rental program
- Office interior accessories
- Reupholstering and refurbishing
- Used furniture brokerage services
- Ergonomic assessments
- Sound masking